Poland Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1830. Prior to the erection of a church building in 1834, meetings were held in a school house which stood were the Presbyterian Church now stands and in a log school house at Cook's Corners. Church services for many years were in the hands of circuit riders. Records are not clear when the period ended but we believe in 1850.
The first church was a one story building without a basement erected where the Bank One now stands. In 1867 the building was remodeled by raising the church and placing a story underneath. On July 19, 1904 the cornerstone was laid for a brick church at the same location. This cornerstone now rests at the southwest corner of our present building. On April 1, 1957 tragedy struck. Fire destroyed the sanctuary. Plans were made to relocate and build at 1940 Boardman-Poland Road on land donated by members. In 1962 the completed church was consecrated and dedication services for the debt free building were held on May 20, 1973. The present building is of Colonial design, topped by a cross bearing steeple 134 feet above ground level. The bell, which calls us to worship each Sunday, first hung in the belfry of the old wooden church. The bell alone weighs 800 pounds and the bearings, trunnions, wheel and yoke another 400 pounds. The stained glass window in the chapel, symbolic of the communion elements, was in the choir of the brick church. The chapel was named Grace Chapel in memory of Grace Marston, deceased wife of Reverend M. Dean Marston, minister at the time of the building of the new church.